"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever."

Saturday, July 16, 2011

What a Big Boy

Well this certainly has been an interesting week for Griffin's development! Allow me to share the ups and downs....

He is now so big that I feel him move constantly, even the slow movements of him sleeping. And especially the raucous movements of him turning over, doing somersaults, and practicing his ninja-like moves.

He is now so big that my organs are smooshed into the upper half of my body, apparently into a very tiny place where my intestines, stomach, and esophagus co-mingle for awhile. Well don't get so cozy, guys, you are moving back to your original places once Griffin stops taking up so much room.

He is now so big I can feel his adorable little hiccups. They feel like those first "gentle taps" I talked about, but they are rhythmic!

He is now so big that sleeping is an obstacle. I can't seem to stay off my back, but that is exactly what I naturally do once I fall asleep (you are not supposed to sleep on your back in late pregnancy). Not to mention that it was an epic failure moving our pups off the bed, or even to the end of it. I have never in my life not looked forward to sleeping; this last month has changed my entire "sleep perspective". I hate it.

And we are now 11 weeks (give or take) from meeting our beloved Griffin! Not far at all!




No comments:

Post a Comment