"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever."

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Patience is a Virtue

Holy crap, I can't stand waiting for Friday!!! This week is taking foooorever. And you know what is really obnoxious? Every time I use the word Friday, I think of Rebecca Black. So every time I am impatient and think about the ultrasound, "Friday" plays like a faint theme song in the background of my mind. NOT the song you want stuck in your head when you are already annoyed.

I need to calm down and appreciate every moment of this wonderful thing that is happening. Of this "calm before the storm". I need to remember that when I am finally holding the baby in my arms, part of me is going to miss the time when I carried the baby everywhere I went and could feel it's every movement. I need to live in THIS moment.

I feel calmer already. This blog thing is such a good idea.

"Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence." ~Hal Borland

No comments:

Post a Comment